Sunday, August 2, 2009

4th of July in McCall...

It isn't any secret, I LOVE McCALL! We got to spend the 4th of July there as part of a ten day trip with just me, the girls and my parents. Thankfully, for the 4th, Jeff's family and Chris joined us for a few nights. In all my 32 years of going to McCall, this was my first 4th there. It was nice! It may have been crowded in town, but we avoided town, it was kind of crowded at the beach, but we still swam and played in the sand just fine. It was a nice way to spend the holiday. The girls were happy to see our family dog, Stone. He came up with Chris.After a great, long day at the beach, we quickly decorated the kids' bikes and headed into town for a simple, small town bike parade. The kids had fun, it was short enough.
I don't know what I was thinking, but it sounded simple enough to just walk/jog along with the kids as they rode their bikes home. It was just Sarah, Ruby and Alice...but it was a little farther than I imagined, and it was HOT, and they were FAST!

While I was trying to keep up with the excited bike riders, I was lucky enough to pass by two really young girls clad in bikinis walking through town at 6PM. Looks to me like you don't really need much...just a cell phone and a bikini! I remember swimming to town with my cousin Trina and walking around the stores WET in a swimsuit. There's just something about a small beach town.After a nice barbecue, we were joined by my cousin Trina and her family for fireworks on the dock. It was LATE, the show was great.
Jadin and Alice...immediate friends (J is my cousin's daughter)

Trina, Amaya and Trey

3 comments:

just jen said...

i wish i only needed a bikini and a cell phone...

Sariah said...

I really need to get to McCall someday! It looks like paradise! Especially for Idaho!

Mimi said...

I keep checking for the new post that I know is coming!! Where is it already!!!??? I swear I talked to you about a week ago and you were working on a post. Don't hold out.

Just kidding :-)

Glad your 4th was so fun! Ruby looks WAY older in that picture.