We've been struggling with Language Arts this year. It was annoying me because it should be our favorite subject! We finally settled on a curriculum that is now working well for us, and we are studying Aesop's fables, memorizing poetry and all the while learning about sentence structure and proper grammar.
Here are Ruby's versions of two of Aesop's fables:
The Turtle and the Hare
Once upon a time, there was a rabbit teasing a turtle. He said, “how fast can you get to the breakfast table for breakfast? Let’s plan a race.”
So they did. “But someone needs to say who wins. Let’s ask that fox.”
The fox said, “On your marks, get set, go!”
As the rabbit leaped and was way ahead, soon, the turtle could not see him. From all that jumping and leaping, the rabbit thought that he could take a nap. But while he was taking a nap, the turtle went straight past him to the finish line.
The turtle wins the race! But the rabbit said, “but I’m the faster runner!” But the fox said, “The turtle wins the race!”
And that was the end of ‘slow and steady wins the race.’
The Lion and the Mouse
Once upon a time there was a lion taking a nap under a very leafy tree. A few minutes later, a mouse came scrambling over on his way to the leafy tree where his home was nearby. But he accidentally stepped on the lion’s tail and right away, the lion woke up.
He picked the little creature up and said, “how dare you disturb me, I will eat you for that!”
“Oh, please, please don’t eat me, I’ll pay for that sometime. I’ll help you when you need help, I promise!”
He was confident about his promise that he let the little mouse go.
Several weeks later, the lion was hunting. He didn’t see a net on the ground from hunters. He stepped in the net and suddenly he fell right in. He began to growl until the mouse heard him.
The little mouse came scurrying over and nibbled on the net, until it was all done. The lion shaked his mane and finally said, “Little mouse, I am so grateful that I let you go, you are so small that I couldn’t believe you, but I was wrong.”
They lived happily ever after.
The End
And once again, the little mouse saved the lion.
1 comment:
she wrote those? wow!
Post a Comment