Ruby's birthday was fun and busy this year, because it fell on the opening night of her debut with the Puyallup Children's Theater in their production of Seussical the Musical. Hailey and Emma came down with Oma and Opa to celebrate and show their support. We opened presents...
...and Ruby got the coveted McKenna doll by American Girl...she was happy!
We had her requested taco salad for dinner and then busted out these tasty cupcakes.
Ruby had three hour long rehearsals for ten weeks and she listened to the musical at home pretty much non-stop. I know the whole thing by heart. :) The show was cute, I think Ruby was on stage like four times but most of those times she was behind bigger people and I could hardly see her. Here is a good shot of her!
I was so excited when she came out like a fish...there were just three or four people on stage. I thought it was her moment...
Then she promptly laid down on the floor and acted like water, swishing scarves back and forth. It was a nice effect, but I was kind of hoping I'd see her face up there. Not so much.
So after you see the only three pics where you can see her, I'll show you what I was grasping at the rest of the two hour play. Shots like this, when people would all move the right way so that I could get a one second glimpse of her pretty face.
It was POURING rain outside, and Chris had left quickly to get Betsey home, so I just got this quick shot of the kind visitors who came to watch the play and celebrate with us.
I took professional pictures of the group before the show, here is the whole cast! This took over the whole weekend...there were THREE full scale shows, not to mention the dress rehearsal.
I love my ten year old girl! She is such a dilligent, happy hard worker and she is everything a first born child should be. She is an awesome example to her sisters and I really like being around her. She is funny and creative and helpful and willing and I am blessed to be her mother!!










No comments:
Post a Comment