It isn't okay that I am 38 weeks pregnant and just realizing that I never blogged about the baby boy we have on the way! This isn't because we aren't excited, I guess it just got missed with the holidays and such...I don't know! We are so excited! Two days after Christmas, we had our ultrasound. We didn't want to find out at the ultrasound, that is just a little anticlimactic, so we had the tech text my mom from Chris' phone telling her the gender. My mom was at our house with Alice and Betsey who didn't want to wake up for a super early ultrasound, and she took them to the dollar store to get balloons the right color, they put them in a bag and we all opened the bag together! Even Bets and Alice were in the dark, my mom did a great job keeping it all a secret.
I had given it a pretty good guess that we had a boy on our hands based on his heart rate being significantly slower than all the other three and that it took like one second for the tech to determine his gender...so that was my guess on our drive home. Regardless, it was such a shock to have gender confirmed and know that we were going to have a boy! It is still surreal!






No comments:
Post a Comment