Alice! I love her! She is such a unique person and very hard to describe, but those who know her get it. I love her because she is sensitive. She is sensitive to others and it is hard to believe she would be mean unless we are talking about sibling interactions...she can be a little grabby and hasty with siblings. She is innocent and young for her age...maybe immature in some ways and more mature in others. She is and has always been my most engineerish mind...I remember when she was like eighteen months and Ruby was four and a half, and Alice knew how to buckle and unbuckle her seat belt while Ruby had never even tried or cared to try. Alice liked to put her fingers in uncovered sockets and plug and unplug things and she loves puzzles and Lincoln Logs and blocks and building things. She is just really good at seeing how things fit together. She had a physical during her birthday month and Kim Kelly, her doctor believes she will be taller than Ruby. She weighs 60 pounds and it maybe three inches smaller than Ru. Her doctor things she has hyper attention, so that when she is focused on something she is really into, she is hard to interrupt. She loves practicing the piano and writing in workbooks for school. She enjoys reading to her younger siblings and playing learning games on the computer.
Alice got her ears pierced for her birthday! Chris took her, I stayed home with Leo. Felt a little sad to miss it but she decided kind of last minute that she wanted to do it and it was Leo's bedtime.
For her birthday, we went to lunch together. I had to get her out of the house because my mom was bringing down her girl cousins as a surprise. I did her hair special with these old bender curlers from my youth. I thought she looked really cute all fancy. She isn't one to want much attention, so she was a little sheepish about the extra attention but she did feel pretty. It is so darling how she will half way hate the attention but at the same time she can't hide that it makes her feel good too.
Off to lunch we went. It was fun. She wanted pizza so we went to The Rock. My mom pulled in a few minutes after we left, so I left Leo with Ruby for a few minutes and it was really just us!
This is the face of a girl who wishes she wasn't having her picture taken. Gah. I adore her!
The cousin surprise was delightful. I like the video footage better...but it was really fun and she was really excited to have Hailey, Emma and Sarah with her for her day.
AND OMA!!!
Sarah, Ruby, Emma, Alice and Hailey.
For her party, her friends Shayla, Ella and Mattie came over and we sewed skirts for all the girls and watched a movie and had dinner...spaghetti, per Alice's request.
I love that Chris is reading the "Alice is Six" book that I make for each of the girls (I have to start remembering to say "kids" not "girls" now!!) when they turn six.
Alice always exudes joy when she opens her presents. She really just glows with smiles and happiness with each and every one. Even if she doesn't know what it is or has never wanted it in her life...but it is endearing because it isn't rehearsed or insincere...it's just her. She's so cute!
I didn't get any pics of her friends...but once my mom and I finished all the skirts the next day, we got this cute shot of Alice with her sissies and cousins.
I took these pics of Alice when she came home with her pierced ears. She loves them!
























No comments:
Post a Comment