Nursing a baby is so amazing but it is also pretty limiting. During my time nursing Leo, I passed on a trip to Hawaii with Mimi, a weekend in Arizona with Kel, Sand, Leisha and Eden and a work trip to Africa (which didn't ever happen, but still...I said I couldn't do it!). I would do it all over again the same way, I love nursing as long as teeth stay open, and my babies are all entitled to an undivided mommy for at least a year...HOWEVER...I do love my time away! So in May, I began what was a crazy few weekends of away from kid time. The first was a weekend in UT for my cousin Courtney's wedding and Mimi's birthday. It was like finding myself again after a year of being at a constant beck and call. It was amazing.
First, a pic I took of four of my most favorite people right before I left. I love them. I am so lucky to have so much time with them and to be their mom. If they weren't in my world I could never enjoy anything the same way again. No me time ever surpasses time with them, but it is still a good thing to get a break!
Mimi picked me up at the airport and we went to The Blue Iguana in SLC for Mexican food. We met up with Kerry McMullin, Amy Anderson, Monica Alters and Sara Manzanares. It was a great night of good eats and conversation.
Bestie selfie of Kerry, Mimi and I...
I really want to hate Midway for stealing Mimi, but it is just a beautiful place. If I was dragged kicking and screaming to live in Utah, it would be Midway or bust.
Mimi was my plus one at Courtney and Jeff's wedding which was at Sundance resort and was beautiful and fun.
The ceremony.
Mim's house wasn't built yet but we walked over for a tour after church that weekend and they showed me the concept of their hair bath...I was sold.
Mimi's birthday was the 5th and we headed out on the town with her family for a fun dinner in Provo.
The McDonald family being crazy for a birthday shot. Jense had to blink.
We went to swim in the crater in Midway on Mimi's birthday with Elise Jones. IT was fun and cool.
Wearing a life preserver was a good reminder of
John came over to the crater with the kids just to take some pics of us from where the crater is open to the above world. I'd say he is a big fan of the birthday girl.
We went swimming at the Midway Worldmark because Mimi and I stayed there for a night. It was nice to get away from it ALL. :)
The birthday girl and I.
We went to dinner with Mimi's mom, her sister Susan, her friend Elise, Sister Raegan and Natalie. Of course that was just the ladies. We were also in the good company of her husband, kids, brothers in law and dad.
Mom, Raegan, me, Susan, Mimi, Natalie and Elise.
It was a great trip. I was so happy for Courtney and Jeff and their wedding was perfect and it was awesome to see my friends and spend quality time with Mimi.
No comments:
Post a Comment