Last night at Pack Meeting, we had a magic show by a really good magician in our ward. In conversation after the meeting, I heard him tell someone how he used to manage a grocery store in Rexburg, Idaho while he was a student at BYU-Idaho. As alum, I had to throw in my Rexburgian knowledge, so we got to talking about our old stomping ground (of course, I was there like EIGHT years before he was...I am shocked that anyone is really younger than me, but that is WAY younger, I was somewhat shocked to think that I am that old, here I thought I was talking to my equal...after all, he has more kids than I do).
You can't talk about Rexburg and not mention Craigo's...and guess what!??? HE WAS THE MANAGER THERE! He totally has the recipe for the famous sticks! Sure, they are in 50 lb. measurements, but he said that he divided it by 25 and things it will work. How could it not? I'm not entirely sure he's going to give it up. Maybe if I promise I'll keep it a secret? It also has some commercial baking ingredients in it, but can't you buy anything on ebay? I know a baker at the local grocery store.
What are the chances?
3 comments:
No WAY!! That is Crazy! Hopefully he doesn't get on your blog and read my comment from below ;-) Well... he wasn't the manager then so we are good to go! I too am older than him. Boo hoo!
Wow! You lucky girl! (does calling you a girl make you feel any younger?) Although I have no idea what Craigos was, I loved the breadsticks from pizza pipeline in Provo- right across the street from my dorm at Helaman Halls. My cousin went to BYU this year and told me the sad tale that pizza pipeline is no longer there... what I would give for that recipe!
it was fate! what are the odds of meeting a manager after posting that on your blog. fate, i tell you!
Post a Comment