Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nearing diaper freedom...

Oh happy day! Alice woke up first thing this morning and went to the toilet, took her diaper off and went number one. Then she started hollering for a sucker. I had to remind her many times that only if she puts "chicken" (see previous post) in the potty she gets a sucker, but not for "pee pee". So after breakfast, she said, "I have to go pee pee really fast!" (She ends every sentence with "really fast" these days.) She went into the bathroom with Ruby as her coach and to put it nicely, she earned herself a sucker!

We've been talking to her about potty training for awhile now, and I knew when she was ready, she'd start...and I think the time is here! I hope, anyway.

6 comments:

Jeff Hamm said...

Way to go Alice! Good luck with that! I'm of the opinion... and I think that you are too, that I'd rather wait 'til the kid is old enough to really commit before encouraging the issue. I just wish they'd be up for committing earlier, like Robb and Heather's.

Rachel said...

Whoohhooo! I love saying goodbye to diapers!! Good luck Alice...Keep up your good work!

Sheri said...

Oh yeah!!! I hope this is it!! It's so nice to get them out of diapers!!

Pb said...

Happy days. Alice is saying goodbye and I am wondering how long it will be before I am saying hello. By the way, I use Old Spice too. Of course that really proves your point doesn't it?

Shila said...

Cute, I do remember the potty training days! It was great when she was ready on her own cause I didn't have to do too much she kinda potty trained herself! I am not looking forward to Asher potty training, what do you do with a boy!?

Mimi said...

REAL FAST!! Love that Alice.