Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ruby's haircut...



So, I'm sure it is somewhat evident that my kids haven't inherited the good hair gene. I struggle with Ruby's hair, and usually it looks stringy and thin. I've known for a long time that a cute, shorter cut would work wonders for her, but I don't like putting too much emphasis on the physical appearance of my girls, so I just rolled with the longer hair because that is what she wanted. So maybe two months ago, she started asking for short hair, and I finally believed that she really wanted it, so we went and cut like five scraggly inches off on Monday, and she's a babe! Today, she said, "Mom, I feel like I should be wearing lipstick, I look so sexy*!" (Her use of this word is her dad's fault. He always calls me that and to our kids, it's just another compliment.) Of course, we aren't going for lipstick on a five year old, but chapstick seemed to please her.
Anyway, she looks so cute and grown up with her shorter hair, and she can be caught admiring herself in the mirror throughout the day.

10 comments:

The Hamm Bunch said...

LOVE the hair! I am to chicken to cut my girls hair. I'll wait until they want it! But super cute on Ruby!!!

Mindy said...

Love the bob and how it frames her adorable face! I feel like I've had a million haircuts in my lifetime. It's such a cool way to add a little adventure to your life and express yourself. Also so great to know you can cut it and, if you don't like it, it will grow again.

The Wheelers said...

I love her hair, she looks so grown up! She looks so much like you too Rebecca!!

Sheri said...

It looks great. Ruby is such a sweetie!

cherie said...

she's adorable!

Kendra Leigh said...

short hair is awesome! she looks great!

just jen said...

she is a "sexy" babe!

Sariah said...

Really, really like the hair cut! Short is very "sexy" on your little Ruby!

The Reynolds Family said...

Wow! LOVE THE HAIR!! WOW!! She looks so grown up! I love the pics too! They turned out so well! I am so jealous of the oh so practical gift you have of photography!

The Tanuvasa Family said...

Ruby, You are gorgeous! Loooove the haircut. Also the pictures are so pretty, I remember loving the leaves too, and totally relate to the moldy leaves issue!