In this economy, it really surprised me today to get a letter from Utah Higher Education Assistance Authority forgiving the balance of my student loan! This wasn't solicited by me. I just opened the letter today and was told that based on my diligent payment history, the remaining $600 was forgiven. How great is that?
I was lucky to finish school with only $5,000 in debt. My parents were great support, and I took it slow toward the end when I needed to work full time to pay for my life and school. Then I fell in love with Chris and didn't want to spread out my last fifteen credits over two semesters, so I applied for my first loan and have been paying the payment the past 8 years.
Chris and I haven't ever bothered to pay the loan off because the interest rate was only 3% and there has always been better places to put our money.
Anyway, what a great surprise!
3 comments:
it makes us want to vomit with how much school is costing right now...i pray they forgive even 600.....you are one lucky girl!
i can't think of a nicer surprise!
Wow!!! Lucky duck. I would love for a letter like that to come to our mail box.
Post a Comment