Sunday, December 13, 2009

Water issues...

I really thought I had more pictures of the water damage, but I guess I only took a few, and they are all of the kitchen, not the bathroom. Oh well.

So we had a toilet leak while we were out of town for six days, and the water feel pretty much directly from the toilet (second floor) onto the sheet rock of the kitchen below, so the majority of the water damage was to the kitchen.
We get to have our hardwood floors finished, a fresh paint job and obviously new sheet rock in the ceiling. We are also gutting the bathroom, and I can't wait to show what we are doing in there!

The bathroom is being tiled with white tile. A larger square tile on the floors and a more intricate octagonal tile going up the walls 4.5 feet. The vanity will be white, the floors and walls will be white and the countertop and sinks will be white. White, white, white! I'll have brushed nickel hardware and fixtures, and we are going from one large, trimless mirror to two mirrors that mount on each side and sit a few inches off the wall.

We are surviving the hotel with a little help from dear friends who have come to swim with us, brought us presents and food to the hotel, invited us to their homes for dinner, offered to do the work for free, etc. Of course, my mom is a huge support and she and my dad were great enough to keep the girls for two days to give Chris and I some time to regroup and celebrate out eighth anniversary for a minute or two.

2 comments:

just jen said...

i can't wait to see the after pictures...how exciting!

maybe the water leak was a blessing in disguise? ;)

jessi said...

sounds like a swiss bathroom with tile up the walls and of course the theme being white. can't wait to see the results and for you guys to be back in your place! you have to clean a white bathroom a bit more often because the white shows everything, but at least you know it is clean. I am a big fan of tiled walls in the bathroom since we have had them while living in Europe.