Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ruby and the Blue Stars...

Ruby played basketball for the first time this winter. She became obsessed with the sport after reading the Julie: An American Girl series. I was no basketball player, so I wasn't expecting much from her...but she did a great job!! After a career high when she rebounded at her basket and proceeded to dribble as fast as she could to the other team's basket and shoot, she really got into a great groove. She scored at least one basket at the last four games, even three baskets in one game!

Ruby plays some really intense defense. I know because I got to scrimmage with her team and she guarded me and even being a foot shorter, she owned me!
Daddy was the sideline coach, and usually juggled Bee while I tried to take some pics.
Rebound...
Regroup...
SCORE!!!!!
The coach might appear to be mad here, but this is her "rock on" face. She was always proud of their effort. I actually think that they won all their games, though scoring wasn't part of the fun.

I am so proud of my girl for being super confident, and for trying new things all the time and never giving up. She is a great athlete and she really enjoys learning new things.

1 comment:

just jen said...

yeah for girl athletes!