Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My five year old...

I never get around to taking pictures of my kids. I mean, candid shapshots at the park, yes, but getting them ready for a picture I might want to frame, no. Today was the day. Alice spend all day laying on top of me sleeping (and when awake, she was throwing up), and Ruby and I needed to get out of the house in the worst way. Chris got home, and we were off. She was really excited to take pictures and I let her wear some tinted lip gloss, which was the icing on the cake for her. I got a few I really like (thank you Sam for your request, because it pushed me to do it). We took a few inside the house, then we headed off to the park for more. We had so much fun being together just the two of us, and I realized that we don't do that enough. She must have exclaimed, "I'm having so much fun with you!!!" like once every five minutes, and she'd say, "I love having just the big girls together time!" it was fun that she put us in the same category. We played at the park for about two hours before it was time to call it a night. (Sadly, she has a forever reminder of her chickenpox right above her eyebrow.)
Ruby wearing a hat that my Great Grandma Slingsby made for me. I always loved this hat! It's not every day that you see a bobcat...on a leash! This "cat" was at the park walking around with young kids that live with it. It was pretty amazing to see it up close, as they were parked next to us, and they were leaving about the same time. Apparently, they have a special permit and bought the cat from a local breeder. Who knew? In our last neighborhood there was a pet wallaby! Same story!

11 comments:

Mimi said...

Oh... Darling! My favorite is the third pic... she looks so sweet! She is growing up so fast! I am so glad that you got to get out and take pics of her... to your credit you have been trying to do that for a long time...but you are always volunteering your talent for others!

Crazy bobcat... who brings a bobcat to a park? Who has a bobcat on a leash? I can't belive that kids live with it-- doesn't that scream danger to anyone else? Maybe I had a bad experience with a bobcat once... nope nope, that's not it because I have never been CLOSE to a bobcat!

mom with a camera said...

she is the cutest thing ever, and great pics!
how cool is that hat??
and the bobcat?
you had quite the day!

Jeff Hamm said...

So nice to get solo time with your kiddo, glad that the weather cooperated for you both and that you took advantage of it. Sarah will be excited to see the pic of the "bobkitty" that she talked so much about when we saw one in mom and dad's backyard a while ago.

Miller family said...

Love the pics - you are just too talented! Hmm, am not so keen on the bobcat however . . .cool to see him . . . not so cool for me that a wild animal is leashed.

Pb said...

When a true artist and a true beauty combine it is magic. It's a picturesque as any panorama. Thank you for sharing your eye.

Lyndsey said...

THey are great shots. she is a doll. I can't believe you have a 5 year old!!!

kermie said...

Hello Becca,

Blast from the Hamm family past... Cousin Paula. I had the joy of spending last Sunday with your parents, Grandma and Grandpa H. and my Dad and Cindi. Your mom passed along your blog and I have been having fun trying to figure out who everyone is.
My mom has a photo site she does, and she said it was ok to pass it along to you. Anything labled Strano is from my step-father's side of the family. You will be able to see photos of Kenny & Family, Timmo & Family, as well as My husband Michael and our boys Gavin & McKay.
http://web.mac.com/lindabruno/Grammas_Lap/Welcome.html

Keep in touch!
Paula

Kendra Leigh said...

Love the one with the little hat on. And I actually love the little chicken pox scar. Kind of charming, in a way. Love those *big girl* times!

just jen said...

so fun to spend time with her one one one. they love it so much!

Rachel said...

Adorable pictures. I love your photos and Ruby is a great little model. Bobcat at the park! What? How crazy is that? I'm glad you took a picture or I would have thought you were exagerating about someone walking their domestic cat. This totally screams "danger" to have a wild cat living with children.

Sage Pierce said...

Rebecca- those pictures are to die for! She looks so big (sorry!:)), and so pure. My favorite is the third one down. How fun that you are Ruby got to spend some real quality time together! I love it!