Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My house for fifteen years...

This is the house that I remember growing up in. My parents still live within a few miles, so I drove there last time I was in town to show the girls where I was raised. That window with the shade hanging down was mine most of the time we lived there. We lived in a culdesac, and had many young families with lots of kids to play with all around us. It was a great house for being a kid...we even had a play structure in the basement complete with a slide, and a swing that hung from the ceiling. My parents bought the house for $78,000 and we moved there on my third birthday in 1980. We lived there until I boxed everything up and moved to college, when they sold the house for $142,000 fifteen years later. My family moved out shortly after I moved to school. We actually know the family that has lived there since. The funny thing is that I'm the oldest with four younger brothers, and the family that lives there now has followed suit with the eldest being a girl and she has four younger brothers too! Hmmmmm. Anyway, lots of memories there, it was fun to see it.

6 comments:

Leah said...

I love that you posted this. I just found pics of my house today and was thinking to do a similar post myself in a while... Love love love seeing the house that I have heard SO many stories about!

just jen said...

i love that my parents still live in the same house i grew up in, it will be sad when they move.

Courtney said...

I have great memories of that house too. It's fun to see what it looks like now.

Shila said...

I should do a post like that too. I miss the house that I grew up in so much. My mom sold it a few years ago which was a good thing but the memories are so amazing that were made there. I especially loved when we would go to visit and Alisha got to stay in the room that was mine. It was like a museum of my past, almost untouched and the same pink pepto bismal walls, carpet, and drapery.

The Merwin Family said...

Ahhhh-the Mays Pond house. Lots of fun memories there! The bunny in the back, playing in the cul de sac, the jungle gym downstairs, lots of fun times!

Sariah said...

LUCKY! I was a military brat and grew up all over the place, so I don't get to really go see "the" house I grew up in. Too many!

It is fun to go down memory lane though!