Seeing the nursery actually completed was a huge miracle and represents a lot of work by Chris, me and my mom and dad! Chris and my dad painted it, then Chris and John (Mimi's husband) hung the crown molding (yikes, didn't get a pic of that), Chris had to transform the changing area, which was ugly brown wood with laminate counter top and it didn't have the nice legs he added either.

I reupholstered the chair, covered the window valance things, painted the white behind the wall decal, framed the pics of her namesake, Great-grandma Betsey, made the quilt and the Betsey pillow from previous post, and my mom and I did the bed skirt and seat cushion. My mom took white bumper pads and added the ric rac for me. I bought the sheet.



Chris is making me
this shelf as I post, and it will be mounted on the wall by the chair, low, so that little ones can access the books.
The fabric choices didn't really meet up with my vision, as I bought them online, and my planned red and teal room turned into a pink and blue room because after piecing together all the fabric choices from like five online retailers, it wasn't worth making the return. With all the distractions we had during my last trimester, I had to reign in some of my plans, like the window treatments for starters.
Anyway, with it all put together and done, I am happy with the overall picture and thrilled with the little one we went to all the effort for.
10 comments:
it is beautiful...and i like pink better than red, anyway!
chris is so handy, can he give colin some lessons?
I love the nursery!! My favorite is the betsey pillow- it is too stinkin cute!
I am also in love with your chair- good job!!
How lovely! I'm impressed by the way you made it work despite the setbacks. Shopping online is awesome, but returns can be a real pain! I am so jealous of that book rack. Is Chris making the shelf or putting it together? I wasn't sure. If he's making it, then I want to get Tim right on top of making one, too, and I'll send him your way for instructions! :0)
LOVE LOVE LOVE her room! You did a great job, Rebecca!
What a beautiful nursery, Rebecca, for such a beautiful little baby girl!
The nursery is darling. I love the window seat. It looks so bright and cozy. Hope Miss Betsey likes her new place.
Her room belongs in a magazine somewhere. I wouldn't be suprised if "Betsey" is the next line of PB bedding ;-) I love the book rack too. One of the many pages I have torn out of my magazines. Never thought of putting my handy hubby on the task. My favorite part of the room is that you hung pictures of her name sakes on the wall. Too precious!
seriously, cute room. i love it and i love how excited you must have been putting it all together. i regret not marrying a handyman, but instead, I got a computer geek. good and bad :)
LOVE the room!
seriously, cute room. i love it and i love how excited you must have been putting it all together. i regret not marrying a handyman, but instead, I got a computer geek. good and bad :)
LOVE the room!
FABULOUS nursery! Love the colors! You and Chris wanna come fix my house up?
Post a Comment