We've been in major project mode at our house awaiting our little girl and trying to get her nursery ready. This is a project that I started eons ago...and finally completed. I wanted a cozy chair for the nursery, but didn't want a hefty price tag. I was so happy to find this chair, close to home for $40 on craigslist. It was only a few years old, and the foam was all super clean and so I just had to strip it down and reupholster it. Now we have a cozy chair in which to rock and nurse our baby Betsey...
Chair BEFORE:

Chair AFTER (I didn't like the curve on the top of the back of the chair, so I minimized it) :

I made the mistake of asking my midwife to "check" me. I found out on Monday that I was 3-4 cm dilated and 75% effaced. This made me believe even though I know better, that I was going to pop any minute. So...now it's Friday, I'm 39 weeks and 3 3/4 days along and sooooooo not wanting to be pregnant anymore.
I thought of a few good reasons to be pregnant today, and I planned on listing them on here like Polyanna, but I forgot them all. Everything itches, I can't sleep, I can't move, I can't be nice, I feel guilty not being up to snuff for my kiddos who are after me all day to entertain and I just want to go into a cave with my baby for a few weeks and not deal with all my usual responsibilities...and that's not going to happen!
Gosh, there really were a few good things about still being pregnant...ummmmmm...I guess having extra time to get things done, I will post pics of the nursery really soon, it's way more done than I imagined it would be before she came, as every day brings more time to do more projects...there must have been more...there was for sure, I just can't remember. I might post those reasons later. Oh, I guess having time to catch up on my blog is a good thing...
3 comments:
I'm TOTALLY jealous of your rocking chair. I have been looking for one for a VERY long time and no luck. Craigslist here sucks! It looks really good!
That's so funny cause I was wondering about you. I thought to myself...I'll just check Rebecca's blog to see if there is any fun news! Next week maybe!
There is nothing positive to say about the last week of pregnancy, except that you won't be pregnant for much longer. Hopefully today will be your day to meet your little lady. Hang in there.
Post a Comment