(The girls were in their swimsuits because of their extracise session that preceded the shower.)
A friend of mine suggested we have a baby shower, just the four of us. I thought that would be fun, so the girls and I went to Babies 'R' Us to find Betsey some presents. They each picked out a fun new baby toy and we went home to prepare. The girls made Baby Betsey the sweetest cards.
Ruby's said...
Cover:
To: Baby Bitsy! Love you, Love you!Inside:
Dyr Baby BitsyI can not wait to hold you for the frst time.I cannot wait to see you for the frst time.To: Bitsy From: RubyLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove youLove you Love youLove you.From Alice (written by me from her words):
To: BetseyFrom: AliceI love you so, so, so much and I wanna play with you forever and ever.
We played the diapering the doll game. It was a good chance to show Chris how several different covers work and how the cloth diapers need to be folded for infant wear.

Then we played the game where you have to try to drink from a bottle. I only put 3.5 ounces in the brand new bottles with infant nipples, but it was an exhausting endeavor for the girls! The game started with Chris doing his usual tease, "On your marks! Get Set!! No!" Laugh, laugh...followed my more false start tactics that we all recognized. Hence the next picture...

Finally, the magic words and they were off and drinking. First, standing up. Then...

Laying down. It was such a long time that we wound up calling the contest early and just checking to see who had less left in her bottle. Ruby won. She also won this contest against like 15 adults at Mimi's shower...she's good!

This is the present part. Ruby's card is in this picture. I so love her card, it is hard work for her with her left hand, but she really went to a lot of work for her sister. So sweet. Anyway, Chris opened the gifts and the shower was over. Simple, but fun!
1 comment:
what a fun idea!! Have you had her yet???
Post a Comment