Ahhhhhhhh, motorcycles. Tonight, Chris asked if he could take the girls on their first ride on his bike. After mapping out a very short, slow route around the neighborhood and promising Chris that if he detoured from our agreed route and died, I wouldn't even call his parents or give him a funeral, the first (and if I had my way LAST) ride ensued. Ruby was first...
Here they wave as they ride off into the distance. I stood there thinking about the route in my head, trying to count each section of the distance in my head so I would know when to panic. I could hear the loud pipes vibrating almost the entire time...which was comforting.
As you can see, Ruby LOVED it. A lot.
Here's Alice all ready to go. We thought she looked pretty funny with her hood over the helmet.
My second baby off on her first ride...
After rounding the cul-de-sac, they headed out to the real streets...nothing with any traffic lights or speeds above 35mph, but I'm sure they shared the road with a few other cars.
Ruby ran to the corner to wait for them (I swear Alice's ride took longer than Ruby's ride, it was agonizing...there were two teenager cars thumping by our street at one point, and I didn't like that one bit.
It seems Alice was pretty pleased as well.
I don't really reign in my motorcycle fears to the kids. I think they should be scared of them! However, in spite of my "people who ride motorcycles die on motorcycles" rants, my kids feel pretty darn safe behind their daddy...and they want more.
No comments:
Post a Comment