We have a new addition in our home! A dog? A cat? A baby? Thank goodness, no! We have a 24 year old, single (okay, she does have a boyfriend), white female named Elena (ironically, her last name sounds just like ours...Peers)! Her name is pronounced EEE-LEE-Nuh. She moved in the end of February and we are so happy to have her around.
Elena has been a friend of ours from church for about three years. She usually has less than ideal living arrangements, and when we were on our trip in Florida, I became aware that her situation took a turn for the worse and after Chris an I deliberated for all of fifteen seconds (one quirk we share is the foster parent in us...), we told her we had room for her in our house. She is a super help around the house and she loves my girls. My girls love her too! When she babysits, she makes fun tents with them and draws and takes them out to ride bikes, it is so great. She works at Michaels and she makes beautiful jewelry.
I love her personality because she is confident and funny and talented. She makes us laugh a lot. She always tells Ruby, "Whatever Kim." and Ruby throws it right back at her. I guess this means, "I'm over you right now." She can also use other random phrases with like outdated names at the end...Diane, Debbie, etc. Hahahaha. We love Elena!!
No comments:
Post a Comment