I love Daddy Daughter dances!!
Last year I spearheaded the whole dance, so this year it was awesome to be only in charge of the photography...and I wasn't alone in that responsibility...Jen Wilcox did more than me and between the two of us and our gear we had two booths for photos set up this year so that the line for photos would move faster.
The older two and Chris had a great time at the event, but Betsey was a little stink for the second year running. Chris found me and ditched her like he did last year and she was happier sitting on a chair by me working the photo booth than she was on the dance floor. Maybe next year she'll get into it.
Even though she isn't that fun to dance with, she certainly IS fun to take pictures of! I love her little face and her totally Pierce "straight line smile". I love her dimple, though she has to smile right for it to really show. I love her lellow hair and her beautiful KQO dress. I love that when she feels pretty, she rocks her hips dramatically back and forth when she walks and she runs to show daddy how pretty she is. I don't know what to do with all the cuteness she exhibits all day, every day. It's too much.
Ruby and Kiley Benner have been friends since six months. I guess that is too early to really be friends with someone, but they have known each other that long and they were in nursery together and they did preschool together and to this day she is the first name mentioned if I ask Ruby who her best friend is. I am grateful for their connection, Kiley is a very sweet, kind and sincere girl and my only wish would be that they could spend more time together. It is hard to coordinate schedules with public schooled friends. Anyway, so these two spent time at the dance together and I couldn't be happier that I got a few good pics of them out of the night.
My girls. My man. Second year in a row that I wished we'd dedicated more prep to our own dance experience and not just the general dance experience. Some girls had fancy hair and corsages matching their dad's boutineer's and some dad's wore tuxes and some sisters matched and I think all of those things make for a really special night like no other. I'd like to do that for my girls one year. As it has been for two years, I barely run in the door from setting up in time to brush their hair and be sure they are wearing a dress that at least fits them and isn't noticeably dirty. Chris walked out of the closet in jeans, and when I tried to steer him fancier, it just wasn't worth it. I do love this picture though, I love what Chris wrote on the heart. It's a good thing that Betsey is naughty because something has to balance out the cuteness. This was Ruby's last year of the dance age and I can't believe how close in size she and Alice are! Look at them! They wear the same size clothing half the time.
Daddy loves his girls and is so good to them (unless he is brushing their hair). They are lucky as can be!






No comments:
Post a Comment