Sunday, February 2, 2014

Superbowl Win for the Seahawks...

 The Seahawks managed to have such a great season that even the anti-sports enthusiast got into the season. I watched probably five games toward the end of the season and actually shouted at the TV a few times and anxiously watched the clock awaiting the late afternoon games. It was fun and the kids had fun with it too. So they wound up playing against the Broncos in the Superbowl and it was CRAZY. I am serious when I say that there were days when I would see nothing but people clothed in some kind of Hawks gear. SERIOUSLY. It was like every person that I encountered for a month was a huge fan. Anyway, so I didn't and wouldn't drop a bunch of money on shirts, but I decided the night before the Superbowl that my kids needed to have something. So after a few trial and errors (Leo's shirt has a backward hawk) I got it right and using freezer paper stencil methods I made shirts for all the kids. I was pretty pinteresty, right? I know! So fun! $4 Walmart T-shirt makeovers!

 We had the Mondrut's over to watch the game and we had enough food to feed a crowd four times our size...and you can see it was the food champions eat. Anyway, it was tasty and fun and WE WON! Like, we almost didn't have an opponent we beat the Broncos so thoroughly. It was close to a shut out at 43 to 8. I know. I didn't want a close game, at that point, with all the state wearing nothing but blue and green for weeks, we just needed a win. And win we did.


I didn't get a pic of the kids in their shirts until the next morning...I love them!!!!

No comments: