
We got to go to a family run goat farm this week with our homeschool co-op group. WOW. What a great field trip! We were there for three hours and we got to see baby goats that were less than 12 hours old, we got to play with and feed grown goats, hold baby goats, learn about milking goats and making goat cheese. We enjoyed a picnic lunch and a rope swing too. I just loved the experience. We were told we'd be able to bottle feed the goats, but that wasn't the case. Still, it was a very exciting trip!

This is little baby Jewel.
There was a rope swing, and Ruby was one of the youngest kids to try it. She waited in a long line several times for another swing. I love how her confidence is growing!

Heidi, Olivia, Ruby, Oma, Alice and I on the trailer ride.
5 comments:
Oh my word! I have missed your blog. I finally have your new one updated on my blog. Love the olympics...so, don't kill me but I tagged you!
chari
That would be so fun. Brings back memories of having my own goats! I know it might be a little far for you guys, but if you ever wanted to head up towards Arlington there is a family run kangaroo zoo. You can pet them and feed them, feed Tricks cereal to some Leemers(sp?) and feed laamas. They also have a gift shop where you can buy giant ostrich eggs, or see some nocturnal flying squirrels. Anyway, my family had fun a few years ago!
you were right, i should have started the emailing thing sooner...mostly i was afraid you would get sick of me, because i post almost everyday, but hey you can always delete if you want to, right?
the farm looks so fun and so hands on, what a good field trip.
What a fun time! That farm looks like it was a neat experience the girls wont soon forget. Love that picture of Ruby and Jewel. So cute!
Oh my, those little kid goats are SO cute! What a fun field trip - I'm sad we can't go on all the trips with you. :(
Post a Comment