

I am no scrapbooker, but it seemed daunting to upload all the fun pics from our Valentine's date, so I used a free template and put them on some pages. Anyway, intimidating to do when you have super scrappers tuning in!
So Mimi wrote a good breakdown on her blog about the various events. I am using her format here too:
4:00- The games begin! The boys give us homemade game shirts. Chris made mine kind of, well...suggestive? Yes. I won't be posting pictures. When I came home, the babysitter was focusing on my shirt with this weird look and I realized I hadn't taken off the shirt! How embarrassing!
1st Event- pounding nails, drilling in screws, drilling holes, and sawing a wooden dowel while being timed. John won this event, I think he was followed by the other men. It wasn't so much for us girls!
2nd Event - riding a trick bike around in a circle and from one cup to the other. Boonie and Carl took the cake on this one, but Chris and Mimi gave it really good tries. Chris finally broke the frame of the bike saving me from having to be a bad sport, because I had no intention of trying it.
3rd Event was shooting our husbands with paint balls as they ran around the backyard. I loved this event. I've never shot anything before, and it was so fun to fire away! Chris ran fast, but I shot faster...I think I nailed him twice on my own, and then he signed up for another run and Mimi and I shot together. We got him like a dozen times!
4th Event- Target practice- John with his paintball skills, won the gold.
5th Event -"Kissing." This was the old remove a Starburst wrapper with your teeth to show you are a good kisser trick. I don't remember who won, maybe I did?
6th Event-Hula Hoop Contest. The hula hoop they bought was really light weight which made it impossible to hula. Have any of you old time hula champs (like I was) given it a try recently? It is nearly impossible.
7th Event-Marshmallow Toss. This was really hard for everyone but John and Mimi. We were all eliminated pretty much the first round, and they just kept on going. It was really impressive, and I understand they practice their skills.
8th Event- Blogger. The aforementioned multitasking...blogging while talking and ignoring the kids challenge. Let's just say I cleaned up. Practice makes perfect! IF ONLY I COULD blog during the day! Then I wouldn't be posting blogs when I should be sleeping! I am known to have Mimi on speaker phone while we both do our computer stuff. We don't hold in depth conversations, we just keep each other company, but Chris doesn't get it.
9th Event- Phone Call. I had to call someone and get them to say the words: Romeo, balcony, and incubator (and a few others I don't remember) without explaining myself. I tried my parents, then I tried Mike and Sage and my in-laws, but I finally got Doug (Chris' little brother) on the phone and baffled him thoroughly. I was trying to be sly, so I said, "Hey, are you with Juliet?" That led to stories about their valentine's day. Then, since he was talking about his girlfriend, I said, "Was she premature?" He was confused by that but not totally swayed, he kept on with his valentine's explanations, which I was sincerely interested in knowing but I was in a room with five laughing onlookers, and didn't' hear much of what he said. Anyway, I should have called a really introverted person because he talked most of the three minutes I was given. THANKS DOUG! Mimi won this one for sure, she's got sisters!
10th Event- Newlywed Game. Chris I won this event, I really like playing that game!
We finished the night with a little fun on the Wii playing Doctor Mario.
Mimi and John were the power couple of the night and won the overall competition. Wahoo!
One thing is for sure...a little planning goes a long ways, this was the most fun I've had in a long time. Chris and John really planned a fun night.
6 comments:
That does sound like so much fun! That's so cool they planned that. And yeah, I've tried hula hooping since I've been an adult and I just can't do it anymore!
this sounds like one of the funnest and funniest parties ever. what a fun husband to plan and participate in this...i don't think colin would ever do half those things. he is so reserved, sometimes i wonder how he ever ended up with me (a crazy clown).
i am sure you will remember this night forever.
SO FUN! When I saw that blogger post I knew you had an awesome Valentines! What thoughtful hubbies to go through all that! Very fun! That would beat out a romantic dinner in my eyes! I love to have fun with my man!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Oh and I really want to know what your shirt was like!!! lol Send me an email!
I'm still laughing. It will be fun to plan something for the boys... not that we have to out do them or anything ;-)
Fun, fun, fun! I'm going to have to steal these ideas for next V-day. What a blast! I think I would have given the guys a run for their money on the first one (nails, screws and all).
Post a Comment