Anyway, I had a nice birthday. No big hoopla, but really nice times with all my local, available people. Just want you want.
I got together with my old friends from the growing up years. We always go out, but this year, we stayed in and made dinner (we do that almost better than we do the going out thing in recent years) and talked and listened to good music. It was a nice, relaxing night. We did that a week early because of schedules...so it was mother's day weekend.
Ruby was super sweet on my birthday. She woke me up and was already dressed. She said, "mom, I put on your favorite clothes!" She was right, I love this little tank, it was darling of her to do that for me. Then she said, "Let's have a special pancake breakfast for your birthday!" I reminded her that mommy isn't eating pancakes, and she said, "that's okay, you can make them for me and Alice!" What a good point. Pancakes it is.
My actual birthday was on a Monday, so I was so flattered that my mom, dad, brother Braden and sister-in-law Amanda and nephew Mason all came down to be with me! It was a really nice day, and Ruby is obsessed with riding bikes, so we decided to take all the bikes and a bike trailer to the park. We can ride there from the house, so Ruby and Alice got to ride over behind Opa in the trailer, which they loved.
Anyway, we just relaxed on the grass, played Blokus, took turns riding bikes around the little lake with Ruby and I even dozed off for awhile...me?? Then we went back to my house for some classic, Rebecca's favorite, taco salad. Mmmmmmmm.
Oma and Ruby with Alice in tow.
I got a few new photography toys for my birthday. I'm not posting specifics, because I'm paranoid about robbery. All I can say is that digital slr cameras do lose their edge after being used thoroughly for so many years, and these pics totally tell that story. I just didn't get the saturation from my images, even with the sat turned up. The green in all of these pics is lack lustre, and in person...wow...nothing but gorgeous, succulent green-ness. Anyway, I'm very pleased with my purchases and having fun playing with them. You might even be able to tell in a post one of these days.
4 comments:
Sounds like great birthday fun and makes me miss my family! The girls are so cute!
Wait. You CAN'T be 32. because that makes me.....OLD! Shawn is after some new lenses for his camera. Oye. Those babies are pricey. But oh so worth it when you get the shot you want.
I am so sorry I missed your birthday! Happy late birthday! Sounds like you had fun. 32 isn't all that bad, I promise! It's 33 I'm worried about. Hope you are all well. Miss you! The girls really area gorgeous. Phoebe still talks about her friend Ruby in Washington!
I'm glad you had a nice b-day! Aren't May birthdays the BEST! You live in such a beautiful place.
Post a Comment