So Ruby loves Narnia, as I've mentioned before. She cried when the series finished last week. She dreams about it and pretend plays in Narnia frequently.
A friend of mine recommended a 19-disc theatrical audio recording of the entire series to me. It only cost $20, so I bought it right away. This way, when we are done with "school" for the day, Ruby can put on her headphones and experience Narnia to her heart's delight.
Here's a description of the CD's.
"Gather your family around the "radio" and step into C.S. Lewis's world of marvelous creatures, miraculous events, and perilous war against evil powers. Recorded in London it features acclaimed actors David Suchet as Aslan and Paul Scofield as the storyteller. An additional cast of over 100 actors, original orchestral score, and high- quality digital sound bring these tales of courage, self-sacrifice, and friendship vividly to life. Ages 8 and up. 19-CD boxed set, 22 hours total."
You can buy them for that price here. This way, we can move on with other novels...like "The Secret Garden", which we have just started.
Another tip is that there are a ton of classics that can be read online for free. The entire text. I use www.amblesideonline.org for suggested, age appropriate reading material and then I search for free online books. I can just as easily read from my computer screen as a novel, and that way I don't have to buy the novels or borrow them (and pay for fines later). "The Secret Garden" is here. They have many other free texts like "Wuthering Heights", "Tom Sawyer", "Anne of Green Gables" (whole series) and "The Odyssey", to name a few.
No comments:
Post a Comment