I can't find my Christmas pictures! I took the cutest pics of my kids with their cousins sitting on the stairs before the unveiling of Christmas morning magic, and I wonder if maybe I erased them on accident. Anyway, I thought I should still blog about Christmas, even without pictures.
A funny story. So all I wanted Chris to get me for Christmas was a point and shoot camera. I wanted a basic, $100 set up just so that I can easily cart around a camera in my purse and I don't miss out on memory keeping just because I don't feel like hauling five pounds around my neck. I also wanted Chris to be able to take the camera with him when I wasn't there.
A few weeks before Christmas, Chris emailed me links to several cheap deals on POS cameras. I was annoyed, because I wasn't asking for a fancy or expensive camera, and sometimes his frugality really bugs. So these cameras were like 5 mexapixel pieces of garbage that were larger than what they are making now, and were selling for like $40. I emailed him and said, "I just want a $100-ish POS that is new." So there wasn't more conversation.
Christmas morning, he had my presents labled "Rebecca #1", "Rebecca #2", etc. While I was opening #1, he was like, "What do you think it is?" I said, "A camera." So I open it and it is a super old, heavy, very large, 3.3 megapixel camera from the dark ages. There was no pretending to like it. I was like, "wow, how much did this cost you?" He said, "$20!" I was like, "good." So I keep opening, super annoyed by my husband's genetically programed instinct to always behave like we are poor college students...and the next present is a nice, brand new, POS camera that meets my requirements.
Boy, oh boy, did he have a hay day at that point. He was so happy with his little practical joke that 100% got me. How does he do that!? It was funny, and he is very fortunate that he didn't really try to cheapskate me on my reasonable request.
Anyway, so you will notice that I'll have more pictures that look like flashing, auto-focusing delight. I'm so happy with my little camera that gets the job done and doesn't feel like a chore!
2 comments:
i keep thinking i should get a little camera too. then i won't always put so much pressure on myself (or the boys) to always get that perfect shot.
That is definitely a bummer about the Christmas pictures. What a hoot of a husband! Love it!
Post a Comment