Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A visit from Megan...

One of my dearest friends came to visit me the first weekend of October. Megan and I have been friends since our freshman year of college when we met in Spanish class. She was also in my student ward, and if you can have like at first sight, I just totally remember wanting to be her friend the first time I laid eyes on her. Ha, ha. Really, she was brand new mid-year, and was asked to give a talk at church. I remember sitting there thinking, I want to be her friend...then she was in my Spanish class, so I introduced myself and the rest is history.

Megan hadn't been out to visit since Ruby was maybe six months old (though I've been to see her twice in Texas and we met up once in Denver too), so it was fun to have her in our home and for her to meet Betsey and get to know the girls better.

She wanted to go to an apple orchard (she's from Houston, so there aren't many apple trees by her), and we found one really close by! It turns out that the local YMCA has this farm and as a YMCA member, I can go pick stuff there for free! We picked a bunch of apples and they were so crisp and tasty! We made an apple crisp that evening...mmmmmmmmm.


We went to Issaquah Days...it was insanely busy. I have never been to a street fair so packed, and I even though we had fun, I probably wouldn't go again, there were just too many people and it was hard to move from A to B and take advantage of any of the activities they had going on.
We drove by Snoqualmie Falls real fast after Issaquah Days. She and I went out one night to a hockey game which was interesting, we just gabbed through it. We were super lazy all day that Sunday because it was the televised general conference of our church and so we just watched that and took it easy at the house. I just love her and am so glad that she came out to see us!



No comments: