The kids got to sit at their own table SEPARATE from the adults. I don't even know if my kids ate one bite of food...but they didn't complain about being hungry and I never once had to nag them to eat because I didn't even see their plates! A great little vacation in and of itself! Zoe sat with them too...but this was the first night, and I think she was with us that night.
We were in the dark the first night about how much access to free food we had, so we tucked some fruit (we=Chris) in Alice's hood so that the kids would have fruit to snack on...totally unnecessary!
Alice likes yogurt. A lot. We have sometimes 100 yogurts in our fridge because she eats as many a day as she is allowed. Nothing changed on the cruise except they carried the brands with five different kinds of sugars in them.
Elevator button pushing is always a great experience.
My kids weren't taken with the Kid Zone, but they didn't have any good reason not to like it. I think they just knew that us adults were going to live it up without them and they wanted to be where we were. Here is Alice and Zoe after having their adoreable faces painted like lions.Our cozy room. We all slept so well on the cruise...no windows=no light!! It was wonderful!
We arrived in Key West at 7AM. I think we rented bikes at 9AM or so and it was just our little family hitting Key West on bikes while the others went to the state park to do some snorkeling. I really enjoyed the bike ride, we rode to Smathers Beach, a lesser known beach and played on the beach and in the amazing water there for a few hours.
Ruby took this picture while chasing the poor mama chicken with her chicks. There were several such wild chickens around town.
We rode by Ernest Hemingway's house...
We stopped for a picture at the southernmost point in the U.S.A., we were closer in that spot to Cuba than we were to the nearest Walmart!
Our boat...The Carnival Destiny.
Ruby got some new hoop earrings as a souvenir...they were really hard to put in and won't be worn again.
Let me just say that I want to move to Key West! I loved it there...really...I need to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment