Sunday, November 6, 2011

Alice in Wonderland...


Alice's birthday was the biggest deal this year! I've never been a big birthday party planner, but my friend Jennifer is really passionate about the details and fun that go into a great themed event, and she and I did some swapping and next thing you know...she has literally pulled off the most amazing birthday party that will ever be had by any of my children!

So Alice turned SIX in style...



Party favor for each child...

These "marshmallow puffs" were tasty and super adorable!
There were french macarons (different from macaroons), cake pops, sugar cookies, cupcakes, sugar crystal sucker things, gumballs, lollipops...
These are not works of art, they are cookies. Amazing. Who knew you could make cookies like this?! Well, I certainly could NOT do it...but someone knows how, and that person made these!

The spread...Jennifer thought of everything. Everything.
Tea party food...

How cute are these Alice in Wonderland themed photobooth props?!
Jen with her masterpiece!


Party girl and party planner...
We had stations for the girls to make flower headbands and get their nails painted. Here's Oma with Kesley Reynolds.
Jen paints her daughter, Kaylee's nails.

 Finger foods shaped like hearts!

 We played ALICE bingo.

Photo booth fun.
Lauren Hudgins, Kesley Reynolds, Ella Reed, Stella Harris, Ruby Pierce and Kaylee Carver.
My girl, Jennifer Wilcox totally wowed us with her attention to Queen of Hearts detail. I had borrowed the costume, and thought she'd just throw it on for a little bit...but she came down as the best, in character Queen EVER. The kids were scared of her. It was hilarious! She was all about "off with your heads" and made them hold their tea cups with their pinkie's up in the air. She was peeerrrfect.





Story time with the Queen.
Take home...
More take home...all the kids got to fill these amazing Mad Hatter hat boxes with treats from the table full of sweets.
We played croquet! I loved this idea!



Does this table make your mouth water? Mine too.

A pic of Jen in her element. She has a great facebook page, Banner Events with many ideas that I would never, ever come up with. She has had her work featured on sites like, "Hostess with the Mostess" and "Anders Ruff". Go like her page! 
Elena really had fun with her role as the Mad Hatter! A trip to the thrift store, some serious hairspray and her amazing natural curl...and voila. Mad Hatter. Here is Ella...
Ruby...
Kesley...
Stella...
Lauren
Savanna...
Alice...
Eden...
Kate...
Kaylee...

The cutest thing ever was sweet Alice's reaction to each and every single present. It was so extreme, I took pictures of each jaw dropped grin.


So excited.
Seiously?
I can't get enough.


Soooooo cute!

2 comments:

just jen said...

WOW, that is some party! she is so lucky to be named alice!

Jane said...

Those are some of the most elegant party foods I have seen! I've had fun browsing through all your recent posts. your girls are all so grown up and adorable.