Sunday, November 20, 2011

All I want for Christmas...

...is a gorgeous picture of my three gorgeous babies together. I shouldn't be greedy, I do have one gorgeous shot of them together, but it is over a year old and I want an update with Betsey all big. I have tried. A lot. It is a ton of work to prep three little girls for a photoshoot, and every time I get them all ready either I'm too late and up against nap time, or I'm so put out by the prepping process that I just don't have anything left in me (okay, if I was really done with it, I'd do it no matter what, but someone will be in the shower and the other will be in the hair drying process when the baby gripes so much and so loud I give up).

I had the goal a few weeks ago, and we went to my mom's house to get her help and nail something. It was a beautiful, sunny day and we were all ready pretty early, and it hadn't been too hard to accomplish due to dear mom's help. But Betsey knew what I was after and she WOULD NOT give it to me. She wasn't distracted or happy about any of the things we were ready with to make her happy. It just didn't work, and we knew it was an epic fail when we gave up. BAH!
 This shot would be cute if I had others to group it with, but nope.
 Close, but Alice and Betsey need to be looking up and happy. I don't even care if they look at me, but happy and eyes open and chin up so I can see their faces would be essential.
 Okay, these two would pose for me all day, every day. They are so good to me.
Below is actually the first attempt...The pics of the three girls together are mine, the others below are from another photographer, Tina Flores, who offered to try and catch some happy shots of Betsey, which I thought was impossible. She did get some stuff...



I'd say I might like that last one well enough to print it. It's pretty cute. She's walking, she's happy and I think it is a nice shot in general. YAY. One of Bets.

I haven't given up. I have a plan for November 30th when my mom is coming down for Ruby's birthday, and I may try again on December 5th by myself if I can't get anything on the 30th. We are doing it in the studio, so I'll be able to keep them warm, let them dress up and play and I'll just hope something good goes down. Root for me on the 30th.

1 comment:

just jen said...

i am rooting for you...you can do it!!