Thursday, September 6, 2007

McCall Trip

Ruby is a cuddler. Here she is wrapped up in a blanket with McCall (yes, named for the city where we were...where the family all gathers every year), my cousin.
We got to go to McCall for a whole week and the weekends on both ends. It was a nice break to relax, get some sun and play in the water. The highlight for our family was Ruby learning how to swim on her own! She's been in the process of this, but it was the daily water time that pushed her to swimming independence. She will jump off the wall of a pool and swim underwater, come up for air and head back under for more swimming. It is thrilling as her parent to see her make this progress...I don't know why, it just is. Here she is playing with my cousin's daughter, Paige.
Here she is jumping off of the dock. The first time she did it, she wanted me to jump in first, so I did. It was early in the morning and cold out still, and I expected to be there coaching her and encouraging here for a while, but she just jumped right in as soon as I was watching. It is deep water and the dock is a good 2.5 feet off the water. WAY TO GO RUBY!

No comments: