Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weekend at Oma and Opa's...


The weekend of my choir reunion, we stayed at my mom and dad's house. It was really great weather, and Oma bought a slip 'n' slide. Ruby caught a snake with Opa.

We went to dinner at P.F. Changs with my extended family, because Jim and Peggy were here visiting Jimmy and Shannon. The next day, we all went to a beach in Edmonds and sat in the sun while some of the men went scuba diving. Notice we took Ruby's snake to the beach. I guess it isn't used to the heat, because she was holding it for awhile, and she thought that a stick was stuck in its mouth. I took a look, and it was his tongue stuck! I was mortified! I poured some ice water in a little pail and kept him in the shade, and his tongue went back in his mouth. We let him go find his family that night.
Unfortunately for me, my allergies RAGE when I'm at my parents' house! It is so bad, I don't know if I want to visit again this summer. What to do?!
All that said, it was a really busy weekend in addition to being the same weekend as the reunion. I was happy to see my family, I love being with them!

7 comments:

Jeff Hamm said...

Looks like so much fun! Lucky to get together with so much family!

Annalise said...

Fun! Wish I could have been there...

kaitlin said...

i'm with those two, i am jealous you all got to get together!
can't wait till the reunion to get to see everyone!!

Alicia said...

Oh fun, I love going out with everyone.
So the book I'm writing is a fantasy. Surprise surprise, that's all I read! The idea came to me shortly after Scott and I got married and I've been working on it on and off since. I know I will finish it but I think it will be many years. I have felt that it's something I really need to do. I'm trying to kinda make some religious connections discretely, kinda like an allegory or something. But not so much like Narnia where specific characters represent Christ or whoever else. We'll see. Hopefully one day you'll be able to read it!

jessi said...

Washington state looks so lovely. Ruby (and you) are so brave with snakes! The close up of Ruby holding the snake turned out really neat. I don't know what I would do if my parents or in-laws had pets as my allergies would rage as well. I have enough problems with visiting my parents in Italy and having problems with the trees and grass irritating my allergies.

Leah said...

What an awesome weekend! I just want to jump in on that waterside action! I'm seriously craving PF Chang's Shrimp with candied walnuts.... So Yummy!! I love that Ruby had no fear of the snake... go girl power and way to go mama for saving the little guy! I'm glad I got to stop in and say hi!

Sariah said...

OK, too cool that you have the shark slip n slide! I've been thinking about getting it for the kids, did y'all enjoy it? Looks like a hit!

Ruby gave me a heart attack with that snake!! I could care less someone tells me it is harmless, HATE THEM!!! Hate them ALL!! YIKES! Brave girl!