Sunday, August 3, 2008

Not your usual blog...

My cousin Molly is a talented writer, and she writes for a website, Mormon Times. The website highlights LDS people who do noteworthy things. She wrote a feature about this blog, "Seriously, So Blessed," and it good for some laughs if you have time to start from the beginning (she just started in June). The author takes on a fictional persona and outlandishly pokes fun at various social "Mormonism" quirks.

Here's an excerpt from her first post...a tag..."Who proposed? Duh! He did! And I was totally surprised. We had already decided to get married 3 months earlier and had told everyone we knew that we were basically engaged and I had picked out the ring myself that I designed when I was in 8th grade and I already had my dress. But I didn't see it coming AT ALL."

Anyway, I find the blog thoroughly entertaining. FYI...after you get a feel for what the Mormon Times is looking for, you should submit some tips to the staff!

1 comment:

just jen said...

i have been reading that blog for a while, and it would be funnier if it wasn't so true!

sometimes i read blogs and i think of the SeriouslySOBlessed blog...love it!