While we were up north, we got to go see my cousin speak in church previous to leaving on a mission to the Philippines. Her family lives in the community where we lived when we were first married and where we brought Ruby home to her all pink little room. We had to take Ruby to show her her first house. We didn't knock on the door, but we were bold enough to go right up to it! It's funny how trees get so big and things change when you have them permanently etched in your mind a certain way.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Catch-up...
I got a call from a good friend who moved last fall and she was coming in town! What a fun treat it was to have she and her family at our house! Her son stayed mostly with other friends, but we still got to hang out with him during the day while his friends were at school. Anyway, we went to a local park to do some letter boxing and had a good time. We looked up three clues and only found one, but still it was fun.
After Kerry and her family left, we took advantage of a little window of time during which not all our home school activities were in full swing to go to my folks house for a visit. While I was there, I got to take some pictures for an old friend and we had fun catching up. We also got to go to the Children's Museum up there for a change with my old friends Sandy and her little one, Addison, Leisha and her nephew that she takes care of once a week, Cashton and Kelly and her busy little guy (not pictured) Aksel and...soon to be new little one...sooner than we realized...the next morning!
I was already back home when I got the news that Kel had had the new baby, so we were only home a day before we headed back up to meet little Maddox. How super sweet to hold such a newborn baby! I'll add that unfortunately I didn't get a picture of either of the blankets I made for him...the one in the picture. I need to post the instructions because it is my new favorite thing to make for baby presents, and was a pattern shared with my by my friend Monica.
Alice, Ruby and baby Maddox and Aksel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so excited you are coming to Utah! If you can fit us in we'd love to see you. And yeah, number 4, who knew. I just couldn't let Logan be the caboose all by himself (for his sanity and ours). We found out we're having a girl.
How fun to see Ruby at her first house!!! I remember that house! How fun! By the way...Ruby looks so beautiful!! And grown up!
I hope you don't mind me reading your blog?
I saw this picture and just had to make a comment.
That brings back so many memories for me. I loved living there! It was nice having my visiting teacher just down the path!!!
Post a Comment