That's when Braden and I got to work assembling Alice's biggest Christmas present, a play kitchen. All she wanted was a "red kitchen" and thank goodness for Costco for having one! It was no easy task and took us like two hours or more to complete, but it was all worth it. There's something really special about being a parent at Christmas, and I was just filled with excitement as I wrestled with the complicated instructions and dozens of different sized screws. It is so worth it!
With so many families celebrating together, and gifts from both sides all in one place, it got a little busy around the Christmas tree to say the least. What a blessed bunch of people we are.
This is what Santa left for Ruby. When Ruby talked to Santa, the only thing she asked for was the Hannah Montana movie. That's it. That's all she wanted. I'm not opposed to Hannah's music or her performances for a young girl, but Ruby is way too young for the actual Hannah Montana show. Let's just say she doesn't need any encouragement in the boy crazy department. Sooooo I talked to Ruby a lot about how the movie was actually just Hannah on stage and in concert. I had recorded the movie when it aired on TV, and she didn't pay attention for five minutes, so I knew she didn't really want the movie. So she wound up asking for the dreaded Hannah Montana shirt, and Santa went with it. He also got her a HM Barbie and nightgown, a Hopscotch game and an 18" doll that she fell in love with when I took her shopping for other family members. He of course left a nice stocking as well.
Alice got a like doll, a Hungry Hippo game and a Tinkerbell nightgown along with her stocking. I had to email Santa to let him know that I was buying her the red kitchen she wanted. At our house, Santa does NOT get all the credit!
3 comments:
My mom got Emma the pink kitchen from Costco a couple years ago and still totally loves it and so does everyone else that has come over. It is the best!
i LOVE that kitchen. enough that i wanted to buy it for lily this year to save for a few years from now. Brian would not allow it, for obvious reasons. I just think it is the cutest little kitchen i have ever seen!
Santa does not get all the credit at our house either. :) The kitchen is adorable, I would love it when we find a bigger home. And about blog stalking, that's the only reason I haven't gone private as well. It's fun to jump from blog to blog and see who you can find. :)
Post a Comment