In the room where Chris and I slept on Christmas Eve, there wasn't a clock. I could tell it was getting lighter outside and I was happy to still be sleeping (oh wait, I wasn't sleeping) when our little fan (white noise is a must) stopped fanning. You know that sound that is silent that tells you the power is out? That was the sound. I
lay awake a few minutes thinking about how bad it would be if the power were truly out (my parents live in a less densely populated area of a very populated city, so they aren't first priority. Their water comes from a well that runs on electricity, so there's no flushing toilets or showers or anything. Shortly after, Heather and Robb woke us and let us know that they couldn't hold their kids off any longer. It was 7AM, and I was really happy I'd slept that late! So the mumblings among the adults were all along the same lines of "if the power is out, we are going to my in-law's". I was feeling the same way since we have our generator all hooked up to keep us warm, our food cold and the television busy entertaining.
We woke our kids up and got candles set around the family room and then it was time for the kids (who were super excited by now) to see what Santa brought for them. Thankfully, the power was back on within the hour!!!!! THANK YOU PUD WORKERS!!!

As unappealing as
character clothing is, there is something so fun about seeing Ruby's whole demeanor change as she put on her Hannah Montana T-shirt. She ran right upstairs and put it on with some jeans and came back downstairs to see her stocking. She was also very excited about
Oma and
Opa's gift of the
Samantha from American Girls book series, and a
Leapster game and change of clothes for her new doll from Grandma and Grandpa Pierce.

Oma made her a really nice pillow case to match the quilt I made her.

Aunt Pam pulled through again with some homemade tutus for the girls. What a fun thing to have!

Some of you may remember that Alice wore a skirt that I made her daily for months. My mom had the idea to make her another option, and Alice was there when we picked out the fabric. She
lay cuddling the fabric bolt on the bottom of the cart while we shopped. She loves purple (much to my dismay, I actually don't like that color a bit) and so this is what we picked out.
Enter the red kitchen of Alice's dreams. It has been so fun to have, they play with it a lot. Between both sets of grandparents, she's outfitted with quite a dish set and pretend food to satisfy any imagination.

Sweet Carson was thrilled with his little car!

Little baby Mason on his first Christmas cuddling with
Oma.

I got Chris a pressure washer he's been talking about for six months. He didn't expect it at all, as I've always acted very disinterested in the topic. I also got him a few new ties and he got a white shirt and new tie from my folks and his parents paid for two years of
clearplay subscriptions.

I had a good Christmas. I really needed a new robe because since getting one last Christmas and discovering how lovely it is to walk around the house clothed in a blanket that doesn't fall off (and because the missionaries live here and I can't streak around the house anymore), it was time for a new one so I can rotate. I also got Wii Fit and I LOVE IT! We are playing everyday and it's fun and gets us all some activity while having a good time together. I got a 4MB CF card and a bluetooth headset from my sister-in-law Pam and my mom and dad got me a dish set that is red and white at Target so I can fill the glass paned cabinets in my kitchen with something more appealing. From my other sister-in-law Heather, I got the Wii Fit Yoga mat!
I was a really nice Christmas. I know I'm not remembering everything that everyone got, but we are enjoying it all!
5 comments:
I love the RED kitchen!! Ruby loves HM? How did I not know that?? She is so grown up.
I am so jealous of the red kitchen! That is the kitchen of my dreams!
I'm so glad you guys got your power back on so soon. That would not have been fun! My friend has been playing on her brother and sister in laws wii fit they got for christmas and she LOVES it as well. It's the first time I've actually decided I want a wii. You can go skiing! How cool is that?!
Yay! I get to see your blog again! I know it is a controversy for some but I love to blog and love to see people look at my blog too. It is a great way to keep in touch and to journal all in one.
That red kitchen is AWESOME! I want one! Looks like y'all had a great Christmas. Can't go wrong spending it with people you love.
Oh, and love your new header! It's grrrrreat!
Post a Comment