Sorry, I know I've written a lot about Ruby very recently, but that's the whole point of my blog, really...so here's a few more tidbits that I will love to remember in twenty years. Ruby is very sensitive, here's a few examples:
1. We recently finished reading the American Girl series, "Addy." She is a little girl who was a slave during the Civil War and she escapes to freedom, gets to go to school, sees the war end...anyway, just a delightful character. Ruby devoured the story and when I read her the last page, she burst into tears because she was sad that the story is over. She wanted to start again right away. Through her tears, she said, "Mom, I'm gonna miss Addy so much!"
2. Ruby loves music (like me) and she thankfully listens to my music quite happily. She often asks what the lyrics mean (so I have to be pretty careful), and she will belt the songs at the top of her lungs in the car, right along with yours truly. One of her favorite artists is Carrie Underwood, but there is one song that Ruby can't hear or it makes her really, really sad. It is called, "Don't Forget to Remember Me," and is about a girl who moves away from her mom and dad when she turns 18. Ruby can't handle it.
3. When we feed the ducks or when we fed the goats at the goat farm, if there is a dominant animal kind of bullying one to get in prime food grabbing position, Ruby does not have it. She will always go to the underling and give it extra attention and some really nice coos, like baby talk. Our family dog has transitioned into an outdoor/garage dog, and she always goes outside to cuddle on him and pet him or throw the ball in the most drastic of weather conditions. It is so sweet.
I love my girl!
2 comments:
she has a very sweet heart...she is going to be a great mom someday.
just like you!
I love #3 the most. She has such a tender spot for those underlings. Is she a Charlotte's Web fan at all?
Post a Comment