Thursday, June 4, 2009

Farmer's Farm Market...

Ruby was our waitress. She is wearing an apron made for me by my cousin Trina a loooooong time ago. Anyway, if you knew all of Ruby's faces, you'd know that she is beyond thrilled with her little restaurant. I love the tape all over the tablecloth (which is a removable door from their little pop up tent thing)...my kids thing that tape is a sure thing...it can hold all things together.

Anyway, Alice was busy in the kitchen in her room, and I didn't get pictures of that...guests aren't supposed to go into the kitchen!

Everything at Farmer's Farm Market was free!!! What a great deal! Here's the menu, which is pretty impressive. It is hard to post this as Ruby's "teacher" because I feel like I have spent the past year grilling her on lowercase letters and making her practice writing them, and she STILL USES ALL UPPERCASE!

Anyway, from left to right or clockwise...the menu says, "salids", "pitsys", "noodls", and "samichis" and "soup" (my favorite because that is what we all call them at our house). She sounded it all out by herself, we didn't know anything about their idea until it was time to dine. Boy did Alice cook up some nice things for us to enjoy.


5 comments:

Mindy said...

So great! I love being served from Ella's kitchen too. The menu is impressive with illustrations too!

jayne said...

Mmmmm....how did it taste?

Danelle said...

That looks like so much fun. And look, she did use SOME lowercase letters...she crossed the 't' and dotted the 'i's, so there's progress.

I teach in a preschool and that is a tough one for children to get used to. Your children seem brilliant, I'm sure she'll be writing cursive in no time.

I like the numbers on her arm. Bodies are such great canvases, for temporary art.

Rebecca Pierce said...

Danelle...the numbers on her arms were actually from a swim meet. They write on them with permanent marker and it takes forever to wear off.

She never misses an opportunity to dot an eye. It is her favorite thing.

Sariah said...

Love the little farmers market! So cute! The menu looks delicious!