Friday, August 2, 2013

Mimi and Company visit!!

Mimi and company came into town and stayed with us! We actually got to spend a lot of time together even with them having family to see and such. It was really nice. I'm not gonna pretend that the aftermath of having Mimi here is hard on me, I really miss her. More now than I did before she came...but it'll pass. :) Hahahaha. That'll be a test to see if she even reads my blog!

Her mom sent a beautiful quilt pictured behind Leo below. It is super fancy with beautiful patterns in the quilting and I love the simple two color quilt! She's talented and sweet as can be!
I was doing dishes and Mimi was gabbing with Leo, when he started laughing!! Mimi didn't even know it was his first time, but I ran over to take video! I got some cute video...so what was it that made Leo laugh? Mimi saying in a goofy voice, "Are you gonna laugh and flirt?" He just loved it. Sooooooo cute!
More chatting with Mimi...there is the back of the quilt! It's cozy flannel.


These two! Sammy and Bets were two peas in a pod, really. They played and played and played with not a single fight...or did I forget? It seems like that would be hard to believe...but at least I don't remember any fights!
They were here for Chris' birthday, so we went out! My friend, Carol Colvin offered to take Leo and we were gone two hours, kid free at our favorite place in Puyallup, Crockett's. I was in such good spirits I even posed for a picture!
Happy 36th Birthday, Chris!! 
At the end of our meal, we got a dramatic call from Ruby who said she had lost Betsey and Sam. Scary! So then she reported that they were naked in the neighbor's yard, pooping. Ummmmm...really? Yes, really.
After dinner, we had an ice cream cake with all the kids (I made it). Ruby and Alice did a special dance they made up for Chris as a birthday present...I'm amazed sometimes that they will do these things in front of others...but it was adorable because they were super proud of it and frankly, it was entertaining! 
 Here is Sam and Bets eating their ice cream cake...notice Sammy hasn't gotten fully dressed since his pants dropping performance in the neighbor's driveway. Yeah, we know whose doo doo that was.


 The older kids had been reporting that Sam and Bets had taken to kissing each other. We discouraged it, but I had to get one shot of them because it will be tons of fun to torment them when they get older. Sam's been putting down the moves on this girl since they were just a few weeks old. We have pics of them sitting next to each other with their outside arms crossing their bodies so they clutched hands like they were posing for a prom pic. So funny. Love them!
Then we, Mimi and I, dominated two games of Pictionary. It was really fun! We miss them so!
It was sad to see them leave when the time came! I got a few pics before they pulled out of the driveway...you can see below that John and Mimi were really into this idea. 

Until next time!!

No comments: