Thursday, August 22, 2013

Things I never want to forget about betsey

Riddy=really She says this a lot for empasis. I love it.
Hock dog=hot dog
Lellow=yellow
Water pop=Otter Pop
Panpake=pancake
Coke-a-dot=polka-dot
Dolly Dora=Dora the Explorer is always referred to as Dolly Dora.
Beach=The baby girl in her tummy
twent twailer=tent trailer
pack pack=back pack
chicken poop (chicken sounds more like thicken)=chicken coop

cool=pool

I love it when she gives you two choices and you choose the one you want and it isn't what she wanted you to choose so she says, "how about..." the other option!

Just now...she wanted to bring me water, and she brought it in a blue kid cup. I drank it and when I was done, she said, "Do you want more water?" I said, "Yes." Then she said, "Do you want the hello kitty water bottle or this blue cup?" Thinking of dirtying more dishes and not wanting to spread my sore throat to a cup she would want to drink from, I said,  "This blue one is fine, I really like it." Then she said, "How about the hello kitty one?"

She is very apologetic all the time.

"Mom, am I heavy for you to carry?" 
"Yes."
"I'm sorry, Mama."

"Mom, I just made a riddy, riddy big mess (meth). I'm riddy sorry! I'll clean it up!" The kind of mess she refers to is one that results from breaking a rule, she doesn't apologize for normal messes. If she took a cup of dry cereal into the family room and spilled it all over the carpet, she will apologize.

She is full of awesome pretending. I love how she thinks she has a baby girl in her tummy named Beach, and how Beach kicks in there (Betsey moving her belly in and out by sucking in and out). I love how she's always looking out for Beach...at Target, she'll walk by the baby girl section and ask me to buy stuff for Beach. I say, "How about when Beach is alive ("comes out" is often the phrase) we buy her three?" That satisfies her. The way she says Beach...Beath. Seriously, that tongue between her teeth is ever present.

She comes into our bed every single night. This was never allowed before Mia went to heaven in October. I came home from that awful experience and stopped sending Betsey back to her bed at night. I just figure it's pretty lucky we have a three year old to crawl in for cuddles at night. Recently, we had family staying with us and Betsey's bed is a queen, so I like guests to sleep in her bed. So I got to our room at the same time as Chris and noticed Bets was more on my side than his. I grumbled a little bit in my head. Then I watched Chris crawl into bed, lay on his side and drag Betsey over to him until they were spooning happily. Two cuddlers, happy as can be. Me? Alone with 3/4 of a king size bed to myself. Yesssss.

Betsey hated nursery from 18 months until she turned three. All of the sudden, she loves nursery and asks about if she can go or not every Sunday. Off she goes...happy as can be!

She has been praying independently since around her third birthday. She always prays to go to Oma's house and for Oma to come to our house. Her obsession with my mom is one of my favorite things about her. The other night, she said a dinner prayer. It was barely clouding over for the first time in a long time, and she prayed, "Bless that the clouds can let the sun shine and bless that the rain will go away." She's in for a long ten months ahead!

No comments: