Anyway, my Ruby is pretty darn good. She has a very good heart in spite of having me as her mom! The other night, I was apologizing to her for being me and we were hanging out just us two talking and i was expressing some personal goals of greater patience that i wanted to work on and she said "I think Oma is perfect." She elaborated about how my mom never gets mad or mean and how she is super patient and perfect. I told Ruby she could never have a better role model on this earth. I think if Ruby and I both have a goal to be more like Oma, Ruby is much closer than I am! I love that girl!
Thursday, September 5, 2013
A lesson learned from Ruby...
Tonight, we had a friend who is just a few months older than Ruby come over. She just began sixth grade. I adore this girl, she is super outgoing, goofy, mature enough to be fun to be around as an adult, etc. Anyway, after she left Chris was letting Ruby know that she had handled a situation with her friend really well and he was proud of her. So I asked what they were referring to. Apparently, (Let's call her friend Jamie for anonymity) Jamie was telling Ruby about some girl at school that has a really big head and she gets made fun of a lot for it. It was said in the spirit of mocking the big headed girl. Ruby said, "well that's okay." So Jamie persisted and said, but she plays with Barbies and Littlest Pet Shop still!" And Ruby said, "so do I!" Then she told a story about having babysitters much older who would play Barbies and LPS with her (such a sweet example). Ruby actually sold her LPS collection two years ago, so it is below her interest, but she wouldn't be opposed to playing with them with a friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment