Sunday, September 8, 2013

Ruby's summer letter...

We have a really great tradition on the Pierce side that includes all of Chris' cousins (hello, he only has FOUR cousins in the whole wide world!! I have 61, two that are deceased and maybe five that are more like acquaintances due to divorce, but still cousins), as it is his mom and her brother and their families. The cool thing is that we have two volumes of letters already printed in hardbound books dating back to when Chris was 20 years old.

Anyway, Ruby wrote an entry this month and I just love how she writes! I get to read her writing all the time, but since this was typed and ready to go, I had to share it here. I can hear her voice in her writing which I love. She says the word, "so" a lot. Adorable! I didn't make any corrections...here it is!

From Ruby:


Umm... this is Ruby.. and this summer has been fun.......REALLY FUN!!!!! To start out with, well it's pretty exiting that MY BABY BROTHER WAS BORN!!!!!! :) so I'll tell a quick story about it. I was enjoying my wonderful perfectly perfect shower and normally I take pretty quick showers but this time it felt perfect so I told myself only ten more seconds. So after ten seconds I turned off the shower and looked at the foggy mirror thinking Leo was never going to be born so I wrote on the mirror which was really fogged up, BABY LEO and then went out to my parents room. My dad was lying down on the bed reading the drudge report and then my mom suddenly comes in and sits down and looked at the ceiling and said: ''I think the baby's coming today,'' All I could think was J J J J J! So my mom called the midwife and the midwife said to call her when things get more serious, and she thought she wasn’t going into labor yet so my mom laid down and THAT is when things started getting serious, to make a long story short, my mom started getting more contractions, (and bye the way, my mom had a home birth) and my dad set up the birth pool, the midwife came, Oma (our grandma) came, my mom got in the pool and had the baby! And now at almost 4 months he is spitting up about every 5 minutes, and he's smiles and laughs (it's REALLY funny when he laughs!) anyways you’ve heard a lot about him, now back to our fun summer!


I went to horse camp and we had our awesome cousin Mattie come in early before her parents came and she came to horse camp and we really thought we were going to be together the whole time but we ended up parting in groups! So here's the horses we were going to ride, and Mattie got a horse called Pepper, a beautiful appaloosa horse and I asked if I could have Lizzy, a pinto. So then throughout the rest of the week Alice, Mattie, and I were separated. But let me tell you about the horse, Lizzy. Well as all female horses go through she was going through a heat. So she was kind of bucky but she was really fun to ride, so at the end of the week each group had to have a routine done and so our group started making ours when Lizzy kicked one of the horses and that horse named Sunny got scared and he and another horse named Blacky went crazy so they took Liz away. I really was attached to her and I got to be a team with Mattie! So in the end everyone got to be together and Mattie and I won first place at the horse show! Here are some of the activities we did: LOTS OF BASEBALL, camping, trampline, got some beta fish, that’s only a few of them.

HAPPY SCHOOL YEAR!!!


(and bye the way leo was born on my mom’s B day)


Ruby

No comments: