Friday, December 14, 2007
Preschool Piano class
We are so lucky to know about Joanie's Suzuki Piano class! Even though I am grateful that my mother insisted that I learn to play the piano, the thought of attempting the same feat with my own child seemed daunting. That is when I heard about this class! It is so fun and very child-driven. The theory is based on learning to play by ear with fun, inventive ways to subtly teach basic theory. The kids learn to play songs from the get go, and Ruby plays many times a day. She knows how to play several versions of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and can play with both her left and right hands (not at the same time). I get to stay and enjoy the class and I just beam the whole time because Joanie is super entertaining and the kids really get into it.
I honestly would struggle to move away just because I want all of my kids to have this experience! It has taught Ruby so much confidence and to "be a trier".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So jealous! Wish there was something in the area that was as entertaining as this sounds for me...er ah I mean Sarah and Nathan eventually. Sounds great.
that is really neat. i want to get connor into guitar, but i thought maybe he was too young. maybe not.
are you moving???
We are definitely, not moving!
Rebecca.. how do you change your heading picture?? I love the merry Christmas picture
Post a Comment