Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Slumber party...

My friend Sommer and I both moved (almost the same day) last year. She moved 40 minutes away and I miss her so much! We still get together and keep the kids in touch, but it isn't the same as the ease of having that friend you know you can drop your kids off with at a moments notice and that no matter what you say or do, she gets you. I took for granted that she was my sewing buddy...no one in my new neighborhood/ward sews! I still have kindred spirits six miles away, but it isn't as easy to get toghether like we used to. Anyway, Sommer and I have enjoyed several overnighters when we just sew until really late after the kids are down and we catch up while we're at it. This was our first trip to "S", where they live. It was a late night with good conversation and satisfying progress on a quilt I am making.

2 comments:

jayne said...

I love friends like those. I hate it when moves interrupt such bliss.

Kendra Leigh said...

I totally had no idea you were into sewing... me, too! I guess that's part of the problem of becoming friends on a mission- you don't necessarily bond over similar interests, eh?