Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Post Dates...

So clearly, my last couple of posts were a little lame. We had someone break into a neighbor's house (while they were out of town) in the middle of the day last week, and it put me in paranoid mode knowing that we were leaving town. We found someone to house sit, but I whipped out a few dated posts so that it wasn't blatantly obvious we were all out of town. Lame, I know...but it made me feel better.

On that note, I thought everyone knew that you should never stop your mail or your paper! There are people who might be drug addicts and prowl empty houses who deliver your paper and sort your mail. I don't remember where I heard this, but it makes sense to me that you don't want 5-10 unknown people passing your stop-mail request around!

Anyway, we were in Colorado Springs, CO for eight days with my entire in-law family, and it was a great time. I'm transferring all the pictures now...

4 comments:

Mindy said...

It's nice when you can have a trusted neighbor gather your mail. We did this at Christmas time. Of course - and this is crazy - we also accidentally left our key in the lock. Luckily, the neighbors saw that as well and kept it safe while we were gone.

jayne said...

The last Harlen Coben novel "Hold Tight" freaked me out because the bad guys always stayed in homes while the owners were out of town. Good book, but now I'll never stop my mail and I'll leave stuff in the yard like we are home!

Carissa said...

I never post about us going out of town until after we're back from the trip. I'm paranoid there are people reading blogs and finding houses to break into because people say they're going on a trip.

Sariah said...

I actually had NEVER thought about the whole mail and paper being held and thereby announcing to strangers I'll be outta town! I'm an idiot that has just been educated! Very clever! Thanks.