Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Swim Meet...

Grrrrr. Every time I move text around, it underlines and looks like a link. It is super annoying, but I'm over it this time. I'm not going to try to fix it this time.

Ruby is a fish. She loves to swim, and is quite good at it! I can't tell you how crazy it was to sit at her four hour long swim meet on Saturday and watch my baby dive into the pool and swim her little freestyle and backstroke heart out! I was amazed at how it doesn't even look like her mouth could get air when she turns it for breaths. She's just a real swimmer, and I was so thrilled watching her! She's in the team's youngest age group, but it is made up of mostly 8 year olds, so she's like a head littler than all her competition. She swam a 25 meter backstroke race and finished third of five, in 30 secs. Then she swam a 25 meter freestyle race and finished 4th of five in 32 secs. Finally, she swam the first leg of a relay, in freestyle again and swam her 25 meters in 30 seconds.I am so happy that she was enjoying the competition, and not stressing about who won or anything. She just had fun and did her best and she is very anxious to receive her ribbons at Monday's practice.
Chris gets the credit for teaching her to swim and seeing the commitment of swim team through.


Ready, set, GO!

Doing the backstroke.

She's in the second lane from the bottom...so little and so alone in that big water!

Love the goggle look.


Those are the girls on her team in her age group.



And she's off!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Michael Phelps eat your heart out!!!

I can't believe she is on a TEAM... what happened to little ruby doobes?

kaitlin said...

thats so cute!

alsoo just so you know i THINK if you are trying to move text around and you just highlight it and cut it and then paste it where you want i think you can avoid the link thing?

i think. maybe not. but i remember that always being SUPER annoying.