Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ruby's 1/2 book recital...

Ruby has worked so hard at playing the piano, and Joanie, "Mrs. Steck" is all set up to recognize that kind of hard work. Ruby had her 1/2 book recital last week, she was the only performer and had a little audience there just for her. We enjoyed two years of effort in about ten minutes, and Ruby was thrilled to recieve her coveted Clara Schumann bust for her trophy. It is so fun to see your kids just beaming, and she WAS beaming!
I put together the above invite by using Rhonna Farrer's "Magic Rainbow" kit offered for free at www.twopeasinabucket.com.

Ruby told me a little bit about each song, and I recorded her thoughts here in the program. (She wanted me to write "Grandma" instead of "Oma", so she must be aware now that we have a May birthdy!Thanks to fellow piano student Parker and his mom (my friend) Julie for coming to support Ruby! If they hadn't come, it would have been just me, my mom, Chris and Alice.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Congratulations to Ruby and her outstanding accomplishments with the piano! I'm really impressed! Does she plan on continuing her studies?

Oh, and what cute invitations. I particularly liked her explanations for each song. What a thoughtful little girl.

just jen said...

how wonderful that she is developing her talents so early.