Such a basic part of my life is that I get to be where my kids are when they are eating, sleeping, playing, complaining, napping, fighting, mess making and doing all kinds of new things. I was reminded tonight when I got the below email that I take this for granted more often than I should!
It was a simple thing to upload the pictures I took of the soccer game on Saturday to a web album and email a link to the parents, I didn't imagine the following response:
Rebecca,
I am currently overseas and it was probably the best thing that I have ever received while deployed. I cannot thank you enough for the pictures, it has definitely made my time hear easier but eager to go home.
Adam
I'd say I value my togetherness with my kiddos on a daily basis. In the past year alone, I've witnessed enough tragedy drive the "carpe diem" cliche home for a lifetime, but still...I'll pay closer attention to my kids when they play "sister" or "restaurant" tomorrow.
Have I said before how much I value living in a community affected by military deployment? You just can't forget the troops over there when they are your neighbors and friends.
3 comments:
Thanks for the reminder, Rebecca. :0)
sometimes we forget that the little moments are what it's all about.
Thanks!
Post a Comment