Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My four to five person...

So, I play house, but I don't really keep house. Okay, that isn't true. After seven years of marriage and seven years of being prodded daily by a clean freak husband, I do keep house. I just don't like it, and it doesn't come naturally to me and it isn't my first priority. My house stays pretty clean because it is Chris' priority, and we don't really do anything after he gets home from work until the house is in the shape he wants it in. I'm not trying to sound negative about him, it is a good thing that I value about him, (even if it is the source of the majority of our marital discord) and I am glad that after 7 years I have become more capable of picking the house all the way up, not just doing the major stuff.

So recently I was gabbing with my friend Mimi about another tiring conversation I'd had with Chris about how to keep up better with the mess all day (these conversations used to occur daily, now they only occur like once every six weeks...amazing progress).

She's well versed in the complexities of our cleaning predicament, and she said, "You need a four to five person."

It didn't seem feasible to me because who really needs a job from four to five, but she was right. I need someone to come in, undo the day, unload the dishwasher, vacuum the kitchen floors, put the laundry away, put the dishes in the dishwasher, put all the shoes back in the shoe basket, help the girls stay on task while they clean the toy room...just before Chris comes home! Genius!

So it's 2:46 and she'll be here in 1:14.

4 comments:

just jen said...

chris and colin sound like they have the same problem ;)

what's so great about a clean house anyway?

i am SO taking advantage of the fact that he is gone to indulge my inner slob...my house is such a mess, but i am happy.

Mimi said...

Genuis??? Why thank you!! I'm so glad it is working- you need a 4-5 person (not circle of 4-5 friends):-)
while I need a 8-5 person.

I promise from now on I'll know what your talking about when you say "4-5 person" PROMISE!

Mimi said...

Well... not so much Genuis as GENIUS!... sucks when typo's contradict your ingeniousness!!!

Sariah said...

I sooo need a 4 to 6 person!!! Where do I find one?