A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
I'm trying to think of things that people might not know about me...
1. If I could go back to school/work full time, I would want to be one of the following: a naturopathic doctor with midwifery training so I could take care of all women's health including delivery, a socio-anthropology major at UW, a photographer, family therapist or child/youth social worker.
2. When I was young, I looked old. I was twelve and my mom took me in for portraits and the lady at the desk asked if I was there for my senior pictures! I didn't even know what senior pictures were! I was in a swimsuit catalog at the same age (the summer between 5th and 6th grade) posing with people in college! The modeling gig was short lived, I was just on vacation with my family in McCall, and some nice woman who started her own business was making a catalog. She did it all pretty much herself and was in business with the same catalog for awhile...but it wasn't some fancy job. Still, I felt like a rockstar. Notice the Swatch watch and the cool geometrics! I don't think very many people would know about this! I think I earned one free swimsuit or something!
3. I've only been a patient in the hospital one time. For some reason I was just talking about this with my mom the other day. I think I was like twelve and I was in excruciating pain and I couldn't sleep. My mom took me to the ER and the doctor asked me if I was sexually active and I said "no." He obviously didn't buy it, so he asked my mom to leave the room and then he asked me again! Answer still the same. Keep in mind that I did look much older than my age. Anyway, it turned out that I was...constipated! Of all the most embarrassing things to have wrong with you! So that was my big hospital experience...oh, wait...I was there again after I gave birth to Ruby, I was transferred there! I almost forgot...so twice. The second time I had to have a DNC. Whew...that was another experience!4. I love reality television and I know why. I like to be in other people's business, but I am an adult and I know that the lives of others are private and personal and painful and not to be taken lightly. And I don't take them lightly...after all, I have a life that is personal and private and painful too. That is why reality television is so great! I am essentially invited to be in someone's personal business with no commitment of discresion or privacy. I know that is lame, but it is the truth. I get to sit and stare at someone while they get their heart broken or while they celebrate their birthday or pass out on the ground and I don't have to pretend it isn't entertaining and I can call my friends and talk about it and I can pause, rewind and watch it again. What a great invention!
5. I don't like it when people tell me their dreams. Not their aspirations or hopes, but what they dream at night...for example: "I was in this house that was different then the house where I grew up, but it was the same and I was moving through the walls running away from Buggs Bunny and he was running away from my neighbor in college and then we were at a Subway eating only pickles and I was pregnant but I didn't know it..." what is to like about that?
6. I don't make beds. Why?! I love getting into a heap of blankets and pulling them over and around me and not necessarily getting the same layers over my whole body. This is a big part of my personality too. I am predominately a red personality, and I don't lack opinions a bit, but I don't require many specifics regarding physical things like how the towels are folded, if there are crumbs on the bottom of my feet, or how the dish washer is loaded. I am a detail person in some areas, but there are lots of things that don't grab my attention. I would like to say that I don't sweat the small stuff, but it isn't all small stuff that I don't sweat. Just some. How did that happen?!
Tagging: I'll tag Lynz, Jeff, Heather and Sage...but no rush, and if you hate tags, don't do it! :)
9 comments:
thanks for doing this... so fun to get to know you better. I don't think there's many interesting things about me.... I better fix that!
I had to laugh when I saw that swimsuit thing becasue I remember seeing that way back when! You are funny!
That was so fun to read. I love that you were a little swimsuit model and that you don't make your bed. It's fun to know things about people, I actually feel like I know you a little bit better. Wierd. I like you.
I remember that ad. You sent it to Lynz in Cali when we lived there. We were both so jealous, but also proud because it somehow made US famous to know a real-life model.
At twelve years of age, what could possibly go to your head MORE!
At twelve years of age, what could possibly go to your head MORE!
give me reality tv over regular tv any day...
Oh man- I have to have all the blankets lined up perfectly or I can't sleep! I hate having miles of sheet around my neck and none at my feet. Other than that I got choo.
I tried to click on the ad- I can't tell which one is you- can you make it a link to a bigger pic??? Love that you were a model!
Oh I'm so glad somebody else likes reality TV for the same reasons I do. I don't have time for real friends, just give me some fake friends and hour a week and I'm set!!!
Post a Comment